Tuesday, February 15, 2011

David Lyle Thoburn died 1905

The grave of David Lyle Thoburn in the Nishatganj Cemetery, Lucknow. Whether the grave survives today is not known. I was unable to discover what David's relationship was with Isabella Thoburn, in whose name IT College, Lucknow was founded.
Since I put this picture on my blog Lyle T has left a comment saying that David Lyle Thoburn was the nephew of  Isabella Thoburn.

On the grave:

 DAVID LYLE THOBURN
Born at St. Clairsville, O, USA 
Died at Lucknow August 3, 1905.
For 12 years a missionary of the
Methodist Episcopal Church
in Lucknow

2 comments:

  1. This David Lyle was the nephew of Isabella

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought LyleT's comment was longer! I also thought I'd thanked him for the information!!
    George

    ReplyDelete