Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Residency

These pictures were taken when I suddenly felt like taking a walk last evening (Tuesday, Dec 7, 2010). Here in Lucknow if you seek some seclusion and you live in the heart of the city, I cannot think of a better place than the Residency. Seeing the canoodling youngsters will tell you that its lonely enough!
 When I thought of putting Lucknow's fast disappearing human connection with the past, what the graves signify, on a blog I planned to do a better job. But it's turning out, in my mind, only better than doing nothing.
 One will find graves repeated, and since my visits are unplanned I'm usually without pen and paper to write down names where they exist. Several graves have no name, or time, the weather and human depredations have taken their toll.

No comments:

Post a Comment