Friday, February 15, 2013

Solomon Joseph Gregory 1894-1954, Leonard Gregory 1925-55

SOLOMON  JOSEPH GREGORY
BORN 8-10-1894
DIED 14-7-1954
LEONARD GREGORY, born 1925, NER engine driver from Gorakhpur, UP, died in Lucknow 1955 was buried in the Nishatganj Cemetery, Lucknow.
Pic: Daughter Linda McGuigan, who was very tiny when her father passed away, visited the grave January 2013. She lives in Brisbane, Australia. Her mother presently lives in Adelaide.
Soloman Joseph Gregory also a railway man and Leonard's father died approx a year before him and is buried nearby.



Olpherts A Gregory 
a contemporary on the staff of
writes in appreciation
       To the sacred memory of
 BLOSSOM ADELAIDE MARY ANNE
            GREGORY
(Wife of Late Bedford (King) Gregory,
Anglo Indian MLA, died at Udaipur)
Who left us on 22-1-1995
Born 16-2-1929
Loving mother of Lesley
& Grandmother of David

(David is the son of Late David Young, 
studied at Methodist School, Kanpur 
and La Martiniere College, Lucknow.)


8 comments:

  1. Dear George,
    I don't think you know me, but you may remember my brother, Adrian Booth, who is a friend of your cousin, Patrick Flynn. I follow this blog of yours with great interest, since I love cemeteries and it is also a link with my beloved and well-remembered home-town, Lucknow.
    I think this lady, Linda nee Gregory may be the daughter of Jean Gregory, who was a friend and colleague of my late mother, Fay Booth, in the '50s. Is she Lesley Gregory's cousin? I would like to get in touch with her and her mother -- could you help me to do that?
    Cheers and keep writing!
    Glenda Singh (nee Booth)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to put my id -- it is michelle.glenda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Glenda,
    Sure I remember you! I'm sorry I've not been checking for comments. I was going over all the posts and came across this one dated May 10, 2013. I answered one yesterday but dont remember the date.
    Linda McGuigan is Lesley's cousin and her mother is alive. Linda is in Brisbane and her mother in Adelaide. I'll email you her address now that I have your email add. When someone posts a comment that makes me feel good - though I still know I'm not wasting my time.
    Cheers
    George

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear George,
    Thanks to this site, and your help, I have exchanged a lot of emails with Linda and talked to her mother and to her over the phone today -- it was really nice.
    Inadvertently, you are keeping members of a scattered community in touch with each other -- keep up the good work. If ever you or one of your family is in Singapore, please get in touch.
    Cheers,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May 5, 2014
      Hi Glenda,
      Sorry that it's taken almost a year to see your comment. I did wonder whether you had made contact with Linda McGuigan. I've not received any communication from her in the past year. My blog has been neglected but still I'm happy with the result Quite a few people have contacted me and have tried to locate graves when requested on a few occasions.
      Thanks for the invitation!
      Cheers
      George

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete