Monday, May 27, 2013

Adrian Daniel-Palmer 1949-1996

     IN LOVING MEMORY
                      OF
ADRIAN ANTHONY DANIEL-PALMER
   BORN 4TH JANUARY, 1949
     DIED 3RD APRIL, 1996





I remember Adrian from about 1958 and his father,
Leopold was a friend of my dad's from St Francis' School, Lucknow. Adrian moved from St Francis to La Martiniere and I followed a year or two later in 1962. He was a good sportsman and was particularly good in gymnastics. The Daniel-Palmers, and there were many siblings, were know for their good natures so Adrian was no different. Adrian became a teacher having trained at St Thomas', Kiddapore, Calcutta. He first taught at Frank Anthony's School, Calcutta and (I think) next moved to Oman in the Gulf. Adrian's elder sister, Audrey, was married to Carlton Figg.
(Edited July 15, 2015: Audrey Rachel Figg passed away on July 7, 2014)
(Pic: May 27, 2013 Nishatganj Cemetery) 
 Adrian Daniel-Palmer (pic taken from
 the Month's Mind card)

Son of Leo Daniel-Palmer

3 comments:

  1. Hi George,
    I remember Adrian Daniel-Palmer (and his whole family) very well -- he taught at Frank Anthony's Delhi while I was there -- he was a kind and decent person and I'm sorry that he died so young.
    By the way, I'm Glenda Singh -- my brother, Adrian Booth, is a friend of your cousin Patrick Flynn. I follow this very interesting blog of yours quite frequently. I have also commented on two other postings -- the one on Linda Gregory's father and the one on Klyne Aitkin's first wife -- when you have time, you could take a look at them. If you have Linda Gregory's email id, could you send it to me at michelle.glenda@gmail.com?
    Regards,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Glenda,
    Once again I'm sorry I've not been looking out for comments as till recently I had computer and network problems so when I got to my blog I'd do things in a rush in case there was a glitch.
    I sent you an email earlier for Linda McGuigan nee Gregory, Lesley's cousin in Australia. She lives in Brisbane and her mother is in Adelaide. I'm repeating the email here: hotspur7@bigpond.net.au .
    George

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this email address, George -- I will write to her very soon.
    By the way, is John Henry Lewis Austin's grave still there? If I remember correctly, it was to the left, towards the back -- over the last internal pathway. The gravestone says he was murdered -- and I actually found someone who knew him -- he was a medical student who was supposedly killed by the brothers of a nurse he got into trouble! I think there was a plain concrete gravestone near his -- someone called Julius Caesar.
    Can't remember when I last attended a funeral at Nishatganj cemetery, though. I left Lucknow in 1977.
    Thanks a lot,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete