Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Gasper Giovanni Rodericks 1914-2006

             In Loving Memory 
                         of
GASPER GIOVANNI RODERICKS
      Born February 29, 1914
       Died June 14, 2006
                        *
               Husband of
             VERA MARIA
                  Father of
NATASHA, LARA, NANCY AND DAISY
                        **
"What we leave behind is not
What is engraved in stone monuments,
But what is woven into the lives of others
Your wise ways have strengthened us
       By which we now live"

(Blogger: Worked for the Income Tax Dept.
He was a regular Bridge player at the Lucknow
Club. I only got to meet him when he dropped by seeking help in 
school admissions sometime in the mid 1990's when my father
was still alive. It was then that I came to know that they had be friends in their
youth and that a brother of Mr Rodericks' had drowned in the Gomti while
swimming. That would have been in their young days.)  

1 comment:

  1. Again I knew this person. Nancy and Daisy were friends when I studied in Lucknow. I did not know Natasha or Lara and I met Mr Rodericks only a couple of times. I did not know him anywhere as well as I knew Errol McGrath senior.

    ReplyDelete