Monday, December 2, 2013

Chas. A.B. Olliver 1845-1927

IN LOVING MEMORY 
               OF
CHAS. A.B. OLLIVER
              WHO
DIED ON THE 11TH MARCH 1927
       IN HIS 82ND YEAR

HE GIVETH HIS BELOVED SLEEP

Chas's wife, Eliza had passed away
in 1922. The couple lost a daughter,
Norah in 1883 and a son, Little Roy(?)
in 1886

Charles A.B. Olliver and Eliza are the
maternal parents of Keith Edwardes's
mother
Surely Andrew E.S. Olliver who died in 1932 is from the same family!


A letter from Amy Reynolds the granddaughter of Keith Thornleigh Edwardes's and
Annette Edwardes nee Murphy. Amy's mother Alison (Pappy, daughter of Keith and Annette) passed 
on early November 2015 

Thank you for your reply from my comment on your website. I can't tell you how much I appreciated finding your blog with photographs of a personal history for me. I live in Brisbane, Australia and it is my mum's side that is from Lucknow, India. My mum passed late last year quite suddenly so it has been quite a task to find out as much as we can from their past. 

I have not got much information on Alfred T. J. Edwardes as yet, I believe because he died while my mum's father was young there has been a loss of information. I have attached the photograph of his grave that has been in my family, as you can see it has much changed but I thought it might be a nice reference for your website if you'd like to use it. 

The Edwardes name has stopped in my line of family, my mother (Alison Painter nee Edwardes) was the only child of Alfred's son, Keith Thornleigh Edwardes. Keith is buried here in Australia. I believe his sisters were buried in the UK. It is likely thaLenord Verne Edwardes is a possible cousin of his as it would seem that my grandfather's grandfather, James Thornleigh Carter Edwardes (buried in the UK) had many children. I'm still working on my family tree on all the ancestry websites and if I get a confirmation I will share it with you. 

I have found another family connection on your blog. Ruby was my Great-grandmother or my mother's grandmother. She was very loved by her daughter, my grandmother Annette. Annette is buried here in Brisbane, Australia but I know both her and my poppa Keith Edwardes would have preferred to be buried there.

And there are more. Chas was Charles Andrew Billon Olliver and the father to Keith's mother, or his grandfather is another way to put it!  http://guavagardens.blogspot.com.au/2013/12/chas-ab-olliver-1845-1927

All the information you have included on your website has helped me piece together family history and I want to thank you for doing such a good job of it. I believe that my brother is very interested in travelling to India to seek places of family interest, it would be great to know locations of these places for him to find. I do understand that things change and that some might no longer be there, but any start is a great start.  
https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif


No comments:

Post a Comment