Monday, April 6, 2015

Kathleen M Doutre died 1941 and W.H. Surdivall

W.H. SURDIVALL
Died c 1941
***
According to fibis.org 
a William H Surdivall
married Mary I Matcher
in Lahore - the years
given is 1906-1911.
La Martiniere College, Lucknow
school register has the name in
the parent/guardian column
and 15 Butler Road, Lucknow
as the address. 
KATHLEEN M DOUTRE
DIED APRIL 26 1941
AT KGMC
            **
Edwina M. Davis nee
Beanland in the USA --
Thank you for those details!
 As a blogger I look forward to comments that might shed light on a long forgotten grave, more so when there is only a name. Before I ask you any questions I want you to know that I am from an old Lucknow family. I started this blog about 10 years ago after I noticed the graves in our cemetery deteriorating and some being removed to make room for fresh burials.

Since then I have posted photos of graves from several cemeteries. Questions come to mind when I come across a familiar name. Doutre was one! 
There's was Mr M Doutre, principal, La Martiniere College and his family. I think he had a brother who was in the police. I did think of messaging his daughter on facebook when I came upon this grave but it slipped my mind. May I ask you about your maiden name Beanland. The Beanlands I know of were from around Nainital. Though I'm the blogger in recent months I have been unable to reply comments and not been able to figure out why! 

George Shepherd









1 comment:

  1. Kathleen M Doutre is my mother. I was born in 1939 and she died on April 26 1941 when I was 2 years and 3 months of age. she died in King George's Hospital in Lucknow. Thank you so much for the picture of her grave as I live in the USA and have never seen or been to her grave. Any other information that you may have about her would be very much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete