Sunday, April 21, 2013

Richard William Raynor 1885-1930

In loving memory of
Richard William Raynor,
son of the
Late 
Albert Charles Raynor
Born 31st March 1885
Died 27th March 1930.
                ***
Blogger: In my grandfather's (George H Shepherd) notebook, filled mainly with
his correspondence, I came upon one letter to a
Mrs Raynor. In the letter dated 22 August 1921 my grandfather  had written asking  Mrs Raynor whether she had sold her house on Outram Road, Lucknow 
(today's Ashok Marg).
The letter also mentions a few items that were

left to my GF for sale and he mentions three items,
binoculars, a dentist set and one more item that is illegible that were still to be sold.
The letter ends wishing Mrs Raynor well and hoping she is enjoying the 'fine climate' .
It is quite unbelievable how certain 'items' seem to stick around!
My grandfather died in 1928. His wife, my grandmother, died in 1971 and had my
father, the youngest of the children, been alive today, he would have been 98 years old. 
Yet, all these years a 'dentist set' has been in my possession. The leather case fell apart with age a few years ago but the instruments are still with me. There couldn't have been another set, could there?
*****
When I came upon the letter I wondered whether there was any connection between Mrs Raynor and Richard William Raynor, died 1930 and Frank Ernest Raynor , died
in 1948 both buried at the Nishatganj Cemetery, Lucknow? This is given the fact that Mrs Raynor has sold and moved out of Lucknow around 1921!



No comments:

Post a Comment