Tuesday, April 9, 2013

William Ireland 1841-1914

Pic 1. In sacred memory of
Rebecca Ireland
Relict of the Late William Ireland
Born 28th January 1874
Died 7th August 1914.
The Lord giveth thee
Rest from thy labours.

Pic 2. Sacred to the memory of
William Ireland
Mutiny veteran
Born 17th December 1841
Died 9th June 1914.
Weep not for me
my children dear
I am not dead
But sleeping here
Pic 3. In loving memory of Gerald Hartwell
Son of Mr & Mrs W. Ireland
Born 3.2.08 Died 6.6.10.
This lovely bud so young & fair
called hence by early doom
Just came to show how sweet a flower
In paradise would bloom.

Pic 4. In loving memory of Leslie Lionel son of Mr & Mrs W. Ireland
Born 10.11.03 Died 27.5.10.
Weep not for me my parents dear, For I'm not dead but sleeping here
Await awhile and you shall be In paradise along with me.
(The marble stone on this grave has split into five pieces.)

Pic 5. In loving memory of James A.W. Ireland
son of Mr Wm & R. Ireland
Aged 9 years, 9 months & 8 days.
Died 11.1.00.
Safely gathered (?) he is sleeping, sleeping with the holy dead
safe within his Father's keeping, Angels watch around his bed.

(There were two graves that came in between with no names.)

No comments:

Post a Comment