Thursday, July 9, 2015

Miss Adelle Victor died cir 1960, Luqa Victor died cir 1959

LUQA VICTOR

(Jan 28 2016: When I came across
the grave of Miss Adelle Victor
yesterday I realised that I may
have made a mistake with
the earlier post so I decided to
put both together. I really cannot
guess whether it was Luqa of Adelle
who lived in Lawrence Terrace!)
I was only 8 or 9 years old in
1959 when Miss Victor passed

away. In 'old' Lawrence Terrace,
Lucknow, a nawabi era building
meant for 19 families and marked
on 19th century maps with a cross
and the word 'barracks', she lived 
at No. 12 and we, the Shepherds, 
next door at No. 13.
Now that the older generation
has passed on I have no one
to confirm that she was Luqa,
a name unfamiliar in these parts. Well,
I was concerned about being wrong in
presuming that this is the Miss Victor 
I remember! (edited)

No comments:

Post a Comment