Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Police sergeant Colin Durward Lambert died 1952

COLIN DURWARD LAMBERT
DIED 1952 at
Lucknow
A police sergeant, Colin, was married
to Maureen, nee Laing(?) who remarried
later and moved to the UK.


Blogger: When I came across this grave
yesterday (July 27,  2015), I got the same
feeling that comes over me when other
familiar names appear, but I couldn't
remember anything about Colin! I was two
years old when he passed on but recall

the name being mentioned at home.
Thanks
to WhatsApp, I messaged an cousin,
Hubert S. in the UK. Since he didn't have the info
he phoned another older cousin, Glenna (Nestor) James who,
provided some details. She recalls that it was her
father, then a policeman himself, who had initially
helped Colin join the police. She also

said that Colin was a frequent 
visitor to the Shepherd's residence
at No. 13 LT.

Colin Lambert with
his son Don
Pic courtesy Don Lambert
 ex-RAF

No comments:

Post a Comment