Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Hester E. Myers 1914-1988 and son Allen George Myres 1939-1989

          In Memory of

      HESTER E. MYERS
        BORN 23-7-1914
        DIED 23-10-1988

Mother of Allen, Desmond and Yvette. 
After his wife's death Mr Myers, retired NER  Station master at Lucknow (?), moved to Bangalore to live with his daughter. Desmond migrated to Australia many years before.
 Allen after working as a guard on the NER 
later switched to the railway traffic control. He had an untimely death after his family left him.
****
(BOTTOM PIC)
ALLEN GEORGE MYRES
BORN 1-12-1939
DIED 5-11-1989

  

4 comments:

  1. Hi, my name is Michelle, and I am yvette's daughter .... Uncle Allen is buried I think a row after nana's grave ... I visited Nishatganj in 2007.

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that Michelle! Just yesterday I was at the cemetery in the same area but the sun was very strong and naturally blinding. Do you live in Bangalore, if yes, I wouldn't mind having a pic of your grandpa's grave. There is no hurry!
    I'm happy that you found the post!
    Bye
    George Shepherd

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mr. Shepherd, yes I do stay in Bangalore sure will send you a snap of grandpa's as well as my mum's if you want (she unfortunately passed away in 2008)

      Send me your email id and I can keep in touch as I do plan to visit Lucknow God willing soon .

      Thanks
      Michelle

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm very sorry to hear that Michelle! I actually meant to ask how she was/is and then though, she didn't actually know me. I was quite friendly with Unk Allen because we were neighbours. My late unk Harold Shepherd (NER driver) knew your grandparents well. There is no hurry but please do sent the pics.
    email: georgeshepherdlkw@gmail.com
    Bye for now
    George Shepherd

    ReplyDelete